Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nothing Better than a Nice Clean Studio...

 Do you have the Moon and Stars and Trees  in your studio? I guess I'm lucky to have a little piece of each to surround and inspire me while I'm working. But the best thing right now is just having a clean place to work in and I'm glad to say that the annual studio cleaning is now officially over and new work has begun.





My glass rods are all sorted and back in their holders ready to be plucked out for a new series of beads.
I can now see the top of my bead table where all the constructing with finshed beads and silver parts takes place. (which would mean that before you couldn't) My torch and kiln area is ready to go with everything back in it's proper space.
This table gets a workout as many things happen here. Some days I'm cutting stained glass for windows, other days I'm working on Fine Silver projects. In the back I have a small torch for silver fusing, and in the foreground is the tumbler to put a shine on those silver projects. To the right is where freshly dipped mandrels dry before going over to the torching station. The next edition I'll show you the tree that holds up the ceiling in the middle of the room.

No comments: