Thursday, September 9, 2010

The New & Improved ARTISTREE GALLERY....

What a delightful day I had on Wednesday, taking my mother to visit the new digs of The ARTISTREE GALLERY in Land O' Lakes. I can't tell you how surprised I was to walk in the door...speaking of which, in my amazement, I forgot to take a picture of this beautiful arched entry, with an artfully carved wooden door. The hard work of the 20 some artists who make up this group has certainly paid off. Their new home  invites you in to languish in all of it's spaciousness, while you take in all the quality artwork at your leisure. You can even sit a spell and peruse various Art books. The large front windows provide an abundance of natural light, enhancing my stain glass windows, much to my delight. It inspires me to race back to my studio and let those creative juices flow. There is a variety of work being offered here which ranges from Watercolors, Jewelry, Ceramics, Baskets, Quilting, Painting,Weaving, Photography, Hooked Designs and Stained Glass with many variations of all of the above. And no doubt some others I have forgotten. This particular day, weaver and spinner Mary Jackl was working, and you can see her spinning at the bottom of the page. If you get the chance, take a drive to Land O'Lakes and take in this wonderful new space, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Remember to click on any of the photos to enlarge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The space looks great. I can't wait to get up there and see it in person!