Friday, May 14, 2010

Land 'O Lakes, here I come....

Recently I was accepted into a new Gallery called Artistree. It's located in Land " O Lakes right on the Wisconsin and Michigan border. The entire Gallery is composed of and run by all sorts of Artists ranging from Fiber Arts, Jewelry, Oils, Watercolors, Pottery and now Stained Glass. I had the opportunity to meet some of the artists at the Bi-annual meeting on Wednesday night and thoroughly enjoyed myself. They are a very ambitious group and have a delightful space right on the main street. I was hoping to have some photos , but I ended up a little too rushed , so my next trip up there I'll be bringing my camera. I had to laugh because the meeting was held at the Chamber there and not more than a half block away was the "Welcome to Michigan" sign. When I say this town is on the border....well I really mean it. This is one of the pieces I took with me.....it has a rubber cord with a handmade Fine Silver twisted bail and Lampwork bead. The bead has silver leaf, glass shards and Murrini with clear "wings".

No comments: