Monday, August 31, 2009

Make Mine Asymetrical please......


Yes.... it's supposed to be that way. I know there will be some people who will want to point out to me that one side of this necklace is not the same as the other. But hey, I've never been too much of a symmetrical person, I like things not always the same, not always predictable. For this piece, on one side I have some Dyed Silver Freshwater Pearls. They travel partially up the other side where they're met with a fused Fine Silver ring. On the other side of the ring are two different sized gun metal chains. Dropped from from the center of the necklace is a handmade Fine Silver square with two different textures separated by pounded spheres. And from the square hangs a Lampworked Glass bead with murrini, Fine Silver mesh, and glass shards to give it a bit of a Cosmic effect. It's capped in Dark Silver Plum with a leaf on each side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is really neat, Kath. It's nice to have something unique, and you are unique!!!

Northern Light said...

Thanks Mom!