Monday, March 10, 2008

Stained Glass too

Making unique jewelry, is not the only thing that consumes my time....it seems glass in several forms suits my fancy. This piece is a small window in which I like to combine flat glass and my Lampwork beads, as well as various flat gem stones. Texture is also important in my work, and as a result, I enjoy combining the rough with the smooth. Color is good....but color and texture, well now we have something to talk about. This piece contains 3 Brazilian Agates, as well as one of my Lampwork disk beads, suspended from copper wire. It's a piece I would categorize in my Landscape series.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blog! It looks great.

kjz

Anonymous said...

Your window is fantastic! It reminds me of a waterfall. cak

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cheryl, that's just what I was going for. Kath